Hennepin EMS is an Urban/Suburban 9-1-1 Emergency Medical Services agency that handles approximately 60,000 calls for service each year from the citizens and visitors of Hennepin County, Minnesota. We are based at Hennepin County Medical Center and serve 14 municipalities, covering 266 square miles and a population of over 700,000.
Hennepin EMS deploys ambulances throughout the communities we serve, utilizing an integrated Computer Aided Dispatch system that incorporates Automatic Vehicle Location and Global Positioning Satellites to ensure the closest available ambulance is sent to all emergencies.
Our goal is to deliver quality service to our customers with a courteous and immediate response while modeling the highest standard for excellence in public safety.
Contact Us: Hennepin EMS Public Contact Information
Hennepin EMS is accepting applications for the position of Paramedic
Hennepin EMS is an urban/suburban 9-1-1 Emergency Medical Services agency that handles nearly 70,000 calls for service each year from the citizens and visitors of Hennepin County, MN. Hennepin EMS is based at Hennepin County Medical Center (HCMC) and serves 14 municipalities, covering 266 square miles and a population of over 700,000.
Hennepin EMS deploys paramedic units throughout the communities we serve utilizing an integrated Computer Aided Dispatch system that incorporates Automatic Vehicle Location and GPS to ensure the closest ambulance is sent to all emergencies.
Hennepin County Medical Center was Minnesota’s first and largest Level I Trauma Center and is repeatedly named one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S. News and World Report. HCMC is a dynamic academic medical center with 469 beds (more than 100 in ICUs) and 17 operating rooms. In addition, HCMC offers:
· Designated Level I Pediatric Trauma Center
· Hyperbaric Medicine and Burn Unit
· Cardiac Catheterization Lab with paramedic field activation and average EMS door-to-balloon times in under 60 minutes
· Primary Stroke Center with average door-to-needle times in under 60 minutes
What else makes Hennepin EMS a great place to work?
· Competitive compensation and benefits package
· All new hires start at union contract rate of $21.40/hr (2014 rate)
· Full medical & dental, disability, and term life
· Covered by the PERA Police/Fire pension
· Paramedics are part of a collective bargaining unit (union)
· New fleet of state of the art Road Rescue Ultramedic ambulances
· Equipment includes: LUCAS 2, Zoll E Series, ePCR, Stryker Power-LOAD, Stryker Power PRO cots and Stair-PRO chairs
· Integrated training for first responder agencies through Hennepin EMS Education
· Professional sports & special event coverage
· Community Paramedic & FTO Programs
APPLICATION OPEN: April 1, 2014
Apply at: hcmc.jobs
START DATE: June 16, 2014
Hennepin EMS is featured in Stryker's "EMS-Unscripted" video series. EMS Supervisor Chad Dotzler talks about the risks of repetitive trauma due to lifting, the risk to patients and providers in the event of a crash; and how we and Stryker's EMS products work to mitigate the danger to our field providers.
Welcome home to Hennepin EMS Manager Chris Kummer and the rest of the team members that assisted in Massachusetts and New York during the Hurricane Sandy response.
CommunitiesCommunities we serve
ServicesServices we provide
OutreachCommunity outreach and educational activities
System ResourcesHennepin County EMS System Resources
Regional ResourcesMetro Region resources
State ResourcesMinnesota EMSRB resources
FAQFrequently asked questions
600 Park Ave S.
Minneapolis, MN 55415
Phone: (612) 873-5678
Fax: (612) 904-4605